Are conservatives closed-minded? Do liberals lack loyalty? Our listener Nathan joins us for a critique of a TED Talk given by Jonathan Haidt concerning the differences in the ways liberals and conservatives think, and how we can do better at working together to solve problems.
The Missing Links
Links to sites or topics discussed on the show
- the moral roots of liberals and conservatives (TED talk)
- Aussie swimmers told to take down gun photos
The Reading Room
Interesting articles and videos provided by both the hosts and listeners
- In small-town USA, business as usual for Mexican cartels
- Teacher Tells Student He Will Be Arrested For Disrespecting Obama
- Why did Rand Paul forsake his dad Ron Paul for Mitt Romney?
- Father kills man sexually abusing his daughter
- Airport body scanners: Are they safe?
- listener provided link to North Dakota Considers Eliminating Property Tax
- Eeeek, an Anarchist! (Larken Rose video)
- Zimmerman’s wife arrested, accused of perjury
- Why Smart People Are Stupid
- US History Lesson (video of a bunch of clueless high school students — did you know Utah was a country?)
- ‘US History Lesson’ Video Casts Negative Light On American Public School System
- A List to Support Jeremy’s Prediction from Episode 32
This week’s music:
Eel – Il Pleut