We talk about several recent stories in the news, including Michigan educator Debbie Squires who knows what’s best for your kids, even if you don’t. We also talk about President Obama recruiting support among African-Americans, and are we going to war with Iran?
The Missing Links
- How To Waste $10 Million
- listener provided link to silver dollars as pay alternative for town employees
- Chess boxing!
- Newsweek asks, Are Homeschoolers Out of Their Minds?
- Parents As Teachers
- Michigan education official Debbie Squire’s controversial comments on parents role in education
- More on the “chicken nugget” story from North Carolina
- Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution
- Does cooking with a microwave take nutrients out of food?
- Ten Years After Decriminalization, Drug Abuse Down by Half in Portugal
- Bill Murray’s View on the Economy
- African Americans for Obama
- organizing a Constitutional Convention for July 2012
- A History of Electricity Regulation (8 min video)
- Rachel Maddow asks some interesting questions about the Maine primary
- History of U.S. Intervention in Iran
- Web of Debt
- I-70 toll road in Missouri
This week’s music:
Raleigh_Moncrief – Goldrush